USA: Panera Bread enters agreement to open 20 bakery-cafes in New York area signs Doherty Enterprises to develop units on Long Island
Panera Bread Company (Nasdaq: PNRA) announced Monday (7 May) an agreement with Edward W. Doherty of Doherty Enterprises in Allendale, NJ, to open 20 Panera Bread bakery-cafes in Nassau and Suffolk counties on Long Island. Doherty is scheduled to open his first bakery-cafe by March 2002. An experienced franchise operator, Doherty Enterprises currently owns 25 Applebee's, two Chevys and nine Wendy's restaurants.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target