USA: Panera Bread enters agreement to open 20 bakery-cafes in New York area signs Doherty Enterprises to develop units on Long Island
Panera Bread Company (Nasdaq: PNRA) announced Monday (7 May) an agreement with Edward W. Doherty of Doherty Enterprises in Allendale, NJ, to open 20 Panera Bread bakery-cafes in Nassau and Suffolk counties on Long Island. Doherty is scheduled to open his first bakery-cafe by March 2002. An experienced franchise operator, Doherty Enterprises currently owns 25 Applebee's, two Chevys and nine Wendy's restaurants.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action