USA: Panera Bread posts higher Q3 profit, announces expansion plans
US bakery chain Panera Bread has posted higher quarterly profit, boosted by new store openings. The St Louis-based company, which operates a chain of bakery cafés, reported profit of US$7m, or 23 cents a share, for the third quarter to 4 October, compared with $5.2m, or 17 cents a share, a year earlier. The result met analysts' expectations, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth