USA: Panera Bread posts higher Q3 profit, announces expansion plans
US bakery chain Panera Bread has posted higher quarterly profit, boosted by new store openings. The St Louis-based company, which operates a chain of bakery cafés, reported profit of US$7m, or 23 cents a share, for the third quarter to 4 October, compared with $5.2m, or 17 cents a share, a year earlier. The result met analysts' expectations, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival