USA: Panera Bread top in Business Week/USA Today S&P SmallCap 600 index
St. Louis-based bakery-café chain Panera Bread Company was listed this week as the top-performing company, in total return to its shareholders over the last three years, in an analysis of the Standard & Poor's SmallCap 600 index performed by Business Week magazine and USA Today. The listing appeared in the Spring 2002 edition of the Business Week Fifty, prepared in conjunction with USA Today.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales