SPAIN: Panrico tight-lipped over factory closure rumours
Spanish baker Panrico is silent on rumours that it is set to close a plant near Barcelona, putting 420 staff in the firing line.
The management of bakery firm Panrico has plans to close its plant in Santa Perpetua de la Moguda, near Barcelona, where it has 420 employees, according to Spanish news outlet Cinco Dias.com.
On Friday (25 November) the website, citing sources in worker organisations, said management is in the process of closing the factory following a breakdown in talks over working hours and conditions.
A spokesperson for Panrico said: "We have no comment at the moment."
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review