SPAIN: Panrico workers agree deal to safeguard Valladolid plant
Panrico said it has signed a preliminary agreement for the continuation of production at the plant
Spanish baker Panrico has reached an agreement with unions that will safeguard the future of its Valladolid facility in north-central Spain.
Panrico said it has signed a preliminary agreement for the continuation of production at the plant, which has involved the agreement of a 12.5% reduction in wages and longer working hours for its 200 staff employed at the facility.
"Panrico again reiterates that its primary objective remains to ensure the survival of the group, at a time of consumption market downturn, which has directly affected sales of the company's brands," the company said today (31 October).
The request is part of a restructuring plan being undertaken by the firm in order to gain profitability. In May, Panrico announced plans to close its production facility in Seville in a bid to "remain competitive", resulting in 197 job losses.
In July the firm closed a bakery in Stantiago, and last month announced plans to restructure the group's industrial operations and reduce its cost structure, focus on higher value-added brands and improve management at the point of sale.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020