INDIA: Pantaloon, Carrefour “near tie-up” – report
According to a report in India's Business Standard, Carrefour is preparing to take a stake in Future Fashion Merchandise, a Pantaloon subsidy created following the restructuring of its retail operations.
Rules on foreign direct investment in India prohibit foreign companies from owning multi-brand retail outlets, forcing international conglomerates to forge partnerships with local retailers.
Carrefour has previously signalled its intention to set up a cash and carry wholesale chain in India, which is allowed under FDI regulations.
Private label was the topic on the lips of Xavier Govare, CEO of Alfesca, Pierre-Olivier Beckers, Delhaize CEO, and Sara Lee's Brenda Barnes this week, while Sir Stuart Rose stole the limelight with t...
Former Procter & Gamble senior executive José Carlos Gonzalez-Hurtado is to join Carrefour as the retail giant's chief commercial officer....
This was the week when even the ongoing speculation over the future of Cadbury was trumped as the headline-grabbing story. That honour fell to UK retail's leading Dutchman, Marc Bolland, who is set to...
Pantaloon Retail, the Indian retailer, has confirmed that it is seeking potential acquisitions in a bid to expand its food business....
Carrefour, the French retailer, plans to double the number of stores it has in Malaysia by 2012....
Carrefour has announced that the finance directors for its French and Belgian businesses are to swap roles....
Pantaloon Retail has confirmed that it is in negotiations with Kellogg in a bid to increase its margins, but remained coy over reports that it is preparing to boycott Kellogg's cereal products....
Over the past week, Marks and Spencer chairman Sir Stuart Rose shared some of his intentional expansion plans with just-food amid news that the retailer was adding branded products to its offering. Kr...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review