INDIA: Pantaloon Retail in corporate shake-up
Pantaloon Retail, India's largest publicly-listed retail chain, is to set up wholly-owned subsidiaries for its businesses.
In a statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange, the company said its board had approved the move to form separate units for its Big Bazaar, Food Bazaar, speciality retail and property operations.
Last week, Pantaloon signalled plans to open 1,500 KB's Fair Price discount stores nationwide within the next three years.
Pantaloon told just-food that the success of the 20 KB's Fair Price stores up and running in New Delhi had encouraged it to expand the business.
India's Pantaloon Retail has played down local reports that its owner Future Group is looking to form a joint venture in the country with a multinational retailer....
India's Pantaloon Retail has reportedly ended its boycott of Cadbury products....
The Indian chocolate market is seeing a shift in tastes, with imported chocolates gaining market share....
India's Pantaloon Retail plans to launch its own brand of chocolates in August just weeks after delisting Cadbury products due to a row over pricing....
US meat giant Tyson Foods is in talks with India's Godrej Agrovet over a poultry processing venture in the country....
India's largest listed retailer Pantaloon Retail has pulled Cadbury products from over 200 of its stores due to a row over pricing....
French retail giants Carrefour and Casino are locked in separate talks with Indian property developer Parsvnath Developers over their possible entry into the country....
The challenges of operating in India's fledgling organised retail sector took centre stage at day two of the Food Forum India 2008 conference in Mumbai yesterday (7 May). Meeting ever-changing consume...
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch