FRANCE: Panzani completes acquistion of Lustucru
Lyon-based fresh pasta producer Panzani said it has completed the acquisition of the dry pasta and rice division of French counterpart Lustucru from owners, Skalli.
These activities generate a turnover of €200m (US$195m).
The sale of Lustucru's dry pasta activities was not part of the deal, Skalli having announced plans to set up a new company in this segment, Pasta Corp.
Lustucru has a 37% share of France's fresh pasta market compared to only 2% until now for Panzani, a Panzani spokesman said. "We already have a 34% share of France's dry pasta market and will now enjoy a strong posiiton in fresh pasta along with rice and sauces," the spokesman added.
Panzani will double as a result of the deal to around €500m.
By Stuart Todd, just-food.com correspondent
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report