BRAZIL: Pao de Acucar buys Se supermarkets from Jeronimo
Brazilian businessman Abilio Deniz, owner of the Pao de Acucar group, has closed a deal to buy the 62 supermarkets in the Se chain, owned by the Portuguese retailer Jeronimo Martins. The Pao de Acucar group was the last to present Jeronimo with a deal, sources told the Gazeta Mercantil. French giant Carrefour, Britain's Tesco and local firm Brazilian GP Investimentos were also courting the chain.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund