USA: Papa John's Announces July Comparable Sales Results
Papa John's International, Inc. (Nasdaq:PZZA) today announced that systemwide comparable sales for the four weeks ended July 23, 2000 decreased 0.8%, comprised of a 0.1% increase at company-owned restaurants and a 1.2% decrease at franchised units. The Company also announced that BIBP Commodities, Inc., the independent franchisee-owned corporation that administers a cheese purchasing program for the Papa John's system, implemented a pricing change effective July 31st. This change, prompted by continued favorable cheese and milk futures pricing, results in an approximate 10% reduction in the current price of cheese to Papa John's restaurants and will remain in effect through the end of 2000. At August 13, 2000, there were 2,453 Papa John's restaurants (612 company-owned and 1,841 franchised) operating in 47 states and seven international markets. Papa John's also owns or franchises 206 Perfect Pizza restaurants (9 company-owned and 197 franchised) in the United Kingdom. For more information about the company, visit Papa John's at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review