USA: Papa John's Announces July Comparable Sales Results
Papa John's International, Inc. (Nasdaq:PZZA) today announced that systemwide comparable sales for the four weeks ended July 23, 2000 decreased 0.8%, comprised of a 0.1% increase at company-owned restaurants and a 1.2% decrease at franchised units. The Company also announced that BIBP Commodities, Inc., the independent franchisee-owned corporation that administers a cheese purchasing program for the Papa John's system, implemented a pricing change effective July 31st. This change, prompted by continued favorable cheese and milk futures pricing, results in an approximate 10% reduction in the current price of cheese to Papa John's restaurants and will remain in effect through the end of 2000. At August 13, 2000, there were 2,453 Papa John's restaurants (612 company-owned and 1,841 franchised) operating in 47 states and seven international markets. Papa John's also owns or franchises 206 Perfect Pizza restaurants (9 company-owned and 197 franchised) in the United Kingdom. For more information about the company, visit Papa John's at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast