USA: Papa John's Announces July Comparable Sales Results
Papa John's International, Inc. (Nasdaq:PZZA) today announced that systemwide comparable sales for the four weeks ended July 23, 2000 decreased 0.8%, comprised of a 0.1% increase at company-owned restaurants and a 1.2% decrease at franchised units. The Company also announced that BIBP Commodities, Inc., the independent franchisee-owned corporation that administers a cheese purchasing program for the Papa John's system, implemented a pricing change effective July 31st. This change, prompted by continued favorable cheese and milk futures pricing, results in an approximate 10% reduction in the current price of cheese to Papa John's restaurants and will remain in effect through the end of 2000. At August 13, 2000, there were 2,453 Papa John's restaurants (612 company-owned and 1,841 franchised) operating in 47 states and seven international markets. Papa John's also owns or franchises 206 Perfect Pizza restaurants (9 company-owned and 197 franchised) in the United Kingdom. For more information about the company, visit Papa John's at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO