USA: Papa John's announces September and third quarter comparable sales results
Papa John's International, Inc. (NASDAQ: PZZA) today announced that systemwide comparable sales for the five weeks ended September 24, 2000 increased 1.4%, comprised of a 3.4% increase at company-owned restaurants and a 0.6% increase at franchised units. Systemwide comparable sales for the third quarter ended September 24, 2000 increased 0.6%, comprised of a 2.2% increase at company-owned restaurants and flat results at franchised units. September results were favorably impacted by the timing of the Company's 2000 fall national advertising promotion relative to the timing of the 1999 promotion. In 1999, the fall promotion ran entirely in the October period, while in 2000 the promotion spans both September and October. At September 24, 2000, there were 2,509 Papa John's restaurants (622 company-owned and 1,887 franchised) operating in 48 states and nine international markets. Papa John's also owns or franchises 203 Perfect Pizza restaurants (7 company-owned and 196 franchised) in the United Kingdom. For more information about the company, visit Papa John's at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry