USA: Papa John's announces September and third quarter comparable sales results
Papa John's International, Inc. (NASDAQ: PZZA) today announced that systemwide comparable sales for the five weeks ended September 24, 2000 increased 1.4%, comprised of a 3.4% increase at company-owned restaurants and a 0.6% increase at franchised units. Systemwide comparable sales for the third quarter ended September 24, 2000 increased 0.6%, comprised of a 2.2% increase at company-owned restaurants and flat results at franchised units. September results were favorably impacted by the timing of the Company's 2000 fall national advertising promotion relative to the timing of the 1999 promotion. In 1999, the fall promotion ran entirely in the October period, while in 2000 the promotion spans both September and October. At September 24, 2000, there were 2,509 Papa John's restaurants (622 company-owned and 1,887 franchised) operating in 48 states and nine international markets. Papa John's also owns or franchises 203 Perfect Pizza restaurants (7 company-owned and 196 franchised) in the United Kingdom. For more information about the company, visit Papa John's at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review