UK: Paramount Foods makes further job cuts
Afurther 41 job cuts had now been made at Paramount's Deeside premises
UK pizza producer Paramount Foods has made a further 41 redundancies as a result of the firm going into administration earlier this month.
Financial advisory and investment banking firm Duff & Phelps was appointed administrator of the group, which entered administration on 9 October. At the time, around 118 job cuts were announced across its two sites in Salford, Manchester, and Deeside, North Wales.
In a further statement today (29 October), the administrator said a further 41 job cuts had now been made at the company's Deeside premises, bringing the total redundancies to 173 across the two facilities.
David Whitehouse, partner of Duff & Phelps, said order volumes had fallen and that "the company's declining turnover cannot sustain its existing level of overheads".
"Further redundancies were required at the Deeside site in order to enable continued trading in the short term whilst a purchaser is sought," Whitehouse said.
Paramount is one of the largest manufacturers of frozen and chilled pizzas in the UK and it counts some of the major supermarkets amongst its customers. It had employed 138 people at its Salford site and a further 312 in Deeside.
Talks are being held with parties who may be interested in acquiring some or all of the business.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Brexit – How France's food market will be hit
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights