UK: Paramount Foods makes further job cuts
Afurther 41 job cuts had now been made at Paramount's Deeside premises
UK pizza producer Paramount Foods has made a further 41 redundancies as a result of the firm going into administration earlier this month.
Financial advisory and investment banking firm Duff & Phelps was appointed administrator of the group, which entered administration on 9 October. At the time, around 118 job cuts were announced across its two sites in Salford, Manchester, and Deeside, North Wales.
In a further statement today (29 October), the administrator said a further 41 job cuts had now been made at the company's Deeside premises, bringing the total redundancies to 173 across the two facilities.
David Whitehouse, partner of Duff & Phelps, said order volumes had fallen and that "the company's declining turnover cannot sustain its existing level of overheads".
"Further redundancies were required at the Deeside site in order to enable continued trading in the short term whilst a purchaser is sought," Whitehouse said.
Paramount is one of the largest manufacturers of frozen and chilled pizzas in the UK and it counts some of the major supermarkets amongst its customers. It had employed 138 people at its Salford site and a further 312 in Deeside.
Talks are being held with parties who may be interested in acquiring some or all of the business.
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019