UK: Paramount Foods makes further job cuts
Afurther 41 job cuts had now been made at Paramount's Deeside premises
UK pizza producer Paramount Foods has made a further 41 redundancies as a result of the firm going into administration earlier this month.
Financial advisory and investment banking firm Duff & Phelps was appointed administrator of the group, which entered administration on 9 October. At the time, around 118 job cuts were announced across its two sites in Salford, Manchester, and Deeside, North Wales.
In a further statement today (29 October), the administrator said a further 41 job cuts had now been made at the company's Deeside premises, bringing the total redundancies to 173 across the two facilities.
David Whitehouse, partner of Duff & Phelps, said order volumes had fallen and that "the company's declining turnover cannot sustain its existing level of overheads".
"Further redundancies were required at the Deeside site in order to enable continued trading in the short term whilst a purchaser is sought," Whitehouse said.
Paramount is one of the largest manufacturers of frozen and chilled pizzas in the UK and it counts some of the major supermarkets amongst its customers. It had employed 138 people at its Salford site and a further 312 in Deeside.
Talks are being held with parties who may be interested in acquiring some or all of the business.
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details