AUS: Parmalat buys Australian dairy Harvey Fresh
Parmalat has acquired Aussie dairy firm Harvey Fresh
Italian dairy group Parmalat has moved to increase its presence in Australia with the acquisition of local dairy and beverage firm Harvey Fresh for EUR79m deal (US$108m).
Parmalat, which is majority owned by French dairy giant Lactalis, said the acquisition "improves the group's export capabilities to the Asiatic markets".
There was speculation late last year that Parmalat was in talks to buy Harvey Fresh.
The Australian firm operates in the state of Western Australia, where Parmalat has a marginal presence, and produces fresh and UHT milk dairy products, in addition to a significant business in the fruit beverage market. In that area of the country, Harvey Fresh is the second-largest producer in the dairy sector. This company owns two production facilities with approximately 250 employees.
Last financial year, the company reported revenues of about EUR113m.
Parmalat S.p.A. announces that its subsidiary Parmalat Australia Pty Ltd acquired today the company Harvey Food and Beverage Ltd (“Harvey Fresh”).
With this transaction, the Parmalat Group strengthens its position in the Australian market, broadening its geographic footprint in that country and becomes a fully national player. This acquisition improves the Group’s export capability to the Asiatic markets.
Harvey Fresh operates in the state of Western Australia, where Parmalat has a marginal presence, and is specialized in the production of fresh and UHT milk dairy products, in addition to a significant business in the fruit beverage market. In that area of the country, Harvey Fresh is the second largest producer in the dairy sector. This company owns two production facilities (Harvey and Griffith) with approximately 250 employees.
Last financial year, the company reported revenues of about 113 million euros.
The stipulated enterprise value of the acquired business was about 79 million euros and the acquisition was entirely financed by the Group with internal capital resources.
Original source: Parmalat
Synopsis Canadean's "Groupe Lactalis S.A.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
Lactalis has become one of the most acquisitive dairy producers over the 2007-2012 period. It moved to third position in global dairy following the acquisition of Parmalat in 2011. The company has con...
Lactalis has become one of the most acquisitive dairy producers over the 2008-2013 period. It moved from fourth to third position in global dairy following the acquisition of Parmalat in 2011. The com...
In 2013, Grupo Lactalis Iberia SA continued the restructuring of its business after the acquisitions carried out between 2010 and 2011, which included Puleva and cheese manufacturer Forlasa. The reorg...
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report