ITALY: Parmalat coy over "fresh cut" to Lactalis US price tag
Reuters yesterday reported a court-appointed commissioner has said there should be another US$151m reduction in the price Parmalat paid for Lactalis American Group.
Parmalat, in which Lactalis has an 82% stake, paid $904m for the business last year. However, minority shareholders in Parmalat have criticised the deal. In May, Parmalat secured an initial reduction of $130m.
Reuters has claimed it has seen a confidential report drawn up by commissioner Angelo Maranesi that recommends another drop in the price.
In a statement issued today, Parmalat said: "With regard to the rumours reported by the Reuters press agency concerning the report by Mr. Angelo Manaresi, the Commissioner ad Acta, on the LAG acquisition, according to which Mr. Angelo Manaresi is said to have defined for LAG a value that is USD 150.85 million lower than the US$774m set by the parties as the final price, Parmalat expresses its displeasure for the publication of parts of a confidential document not yet reviewed by its board of Directors, which is scheduled to meet for this purpose on 24 June.
"Consequently, Parmalat is refraining, at this point, from commenting on this matter."
Lactalis is said to be close to securing a deal to buy a majority stake in Indian dairy business Tirumala Milk Products....
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report