ITALY: Parmalat profits slump on FX, milk prices
- Sales drop 3.2% to EUR1.23bn (US$1.67bn)
- EBITDA down 19.4% to EUR76.4m
- Net profit dips 14.4% to EUR48.4m
A "sharp increase" in cost of raw milk and the negative impact of currency exchange weighed on first-quarter earnings at Italian dairy giant Parmalat.
In the three months to 31 March, the company, majority-owned by France's Lactalis, said EBITDA fell 19.4% and net profit sank 14.4%.
Sales at the group were down 3.2% but, "at constant scope of consolidation" and exchange rates, increased 7.8% in the period.
The company reaffirmed its full-year outlook. "At constant exchange rates and scope of consolidation and excluding the effect of hyperinflation, the previously announced growth rate estimates for net revenues (3%) and EBITDA (3%) are confirmed," it said.
Click here to view the financial release.
Synopsis Canadean's "Groupe Lactalis S.A.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
Parmalat S.p.A. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
Canadean's "Lactalis Ingredients: Ingredients - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key...
Canadean's "Parmalat S.p.A. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- How Russia's embargo affects domestic firms
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- Mondelez launches Oreo Thins in US
- Leclerc to contest ruling on supplier payments
- North Castle acquires stake in Sprout
- ABF's Kingsmill returns to Tesco
- UK's first free range milk label launched
- Nestlé SA in Packaged Food: Confectionery, Ice Cream, Sauces, Dressings and Condiments (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: News and Events April 2015