ITALY: Parmalat profits slump on FX, milk prices
- Sales drop 3.2% to EUR1.23bn (US$1.67bn)
- EBITDA down 19.4% to EUR76.4m
- Net profit dips 14.4% to EUR48.4m
A "sharp increase" in cost of raw milk and the negative impact of currency exchange weighed on first-quarter earnings at Italian dairy giant Parmalat.
In the three months to 31 March, the company, majority-owned by France's Lactalis, said EBITDA fell 19.4% and net profit sank 14.4%.
Sales at the group were down 3.2% but, "at constant scope of consolidation" and exchange rates, increased 7.8% in the period.
The company reaffirmed its full-year outlook. "At constant exchange rates and scope of consolidation and excluding the effect of hyperinflation, the previously announced growth rate estimates for net revenues (3%) and EBITDA (3%) are confirmed," it said.
Click here to view the financial release.
Synopsis Canadean's "Groupe Lactalis S.A.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
Parmalat S.p.A. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
Canadean's "Lactalis Ingredients: Ingredients - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key...
Canadean's "Parmalat S.p.A. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details