USA: Parmalat shifts Archway Cookies production
Italian food company Parmalat is to shift production of its Archway Cookies brand from Perry, New York to a factory in Ashland, Ohio, in a bid to boost productivity. The move will lead to the elimination of around a hundred jobs, or half of the workforce at the Perry facility. Parmalat subsidiary Specialty Foods Corp owns the Archway Cookies license in New York and New Jersey, having acquired it from Lew-Mark Baking earlier this year, reported the Associated Press.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery