USA: Parmalat shifts Archway Cookies production
Italian food company Parmalat is to shift production of its Archway Cookies brand from Perry, New York to a factory in Ashland, Ohio, in a bid to boost productivity. The move will lead to the elimination of around a hundred jobs, or half of the workforce at the Perry facility. Parmalat subsidiary Specialty Foods Corp owns the Archway Cookies license in New York and New Jersey, having acquired it from Lew-Mark Baking earlier this year, reported the Associated Press.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods