USA: Parmalat shifts Archway Cookies production
Italian food company Parmalat is to shift production of its Archway Cookies brand from Perry, New York to a factory in Ashland, Ohio, in a bid to boost productivity. The move will lead to the elimination of around a hundred jobs, or half of the workforce at the Perry facility. Parmalat subsidiary Specialty Foods Corp owns the Archway Cookies license in New York and New Jersey, having acquired it from Lew-Mark Baking earlier this year, reported the Associated Press.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk