PERU: Pasta demand declines
Declining consumption in Peru has depressed pasta sales over the past year. During the first six months of this year, domestic pasta sales declined by 6.4% relative to the same period in 1999. A study recently conducted by Grupo Maximize indicates that Peruvian pasta production will be down about 2.3% this year, relative to the level last year. The two contenders in the Peruvian noodle market are
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill