USA/SWITZERLAND: Patent for flavorant with spicy sensations
Swiss company Givaudan Roure (International), Switzerland gained US Patent 6203839 for flavourant compositions for foods, beverages and medications with spicy sensations. Abstract: The invention is related to a flavorant composition containing 1'-acetoxychavicol acetate and 1'-acetoxyeugenol acetate derivatives thereof as well as a flavorant acceptable carrier. The flavorant composition may be used for flavoring foods, beverages or healthcare products with warm/hot, spicy and pungent sensations related to Galangal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre