USA: Patent Granted For New Food Category
The flavor enhancement of carbonation no longer begins and ends with liquid food like soft drinks. It is now possible to carbonate whole fresh fruits and vegetables (U.S. Patent No. 5,968,573 issued Oct. 18, 1999). The result is an entirely new food category. Fizzyfruit is sparkling (i.e. carbonated) whole fruit. Ripened fruit readily absorbs carbon dioxide under the appropriate conditions and becomes effervescent, enriching the natural flavor of any fruit. Fizzyfruit North America Inc. is the new start-up company that will license patent rights and technology in the U.S. The company is seeking $5 million in initial financing. Company president and founder Galen Kaufman explains, "Imagine grapes like champagne, sparkling oranges or tangy blueberries. Kids love it, and Fizzyfruit promotes good nutrition, in a fun way, without additives." Kaufman says nearly any fruit, with the possible exception of bananas, can be made into Fizzyfruit. Dr. Kaufman can be reached at P.O. Box 1478, Galveston, Texas, 77553-1478, phone 409/763-1620, or by e-mail at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review