AUS: Patties Foods appoints Chaur CEO
Patties Foods has appointed a new CEO
Australian frozen food firm Patties Foods has appointed Steven Chaur as managing director and CEO.
He replaces interim CEOs Michael Knaap and Tim Peters who will now continue in their respective roles as CFO/company secretary and head of sales.
Knaap and Peters temporarily held the role of CEO after Greg Bourke resigned in September.
Chaur's previous positions in the food industry include three years as an executive general manager at Tip Top Bakeries, Associated British Foods' Australian bread unit.
He has also been general manager of Findus Australasia and general manager of the former dairy group National Foods, now part of Kirin Holdings.
Most recently, Chaur was managing director of the Pacific business of France-based industrial group Saint-Gobain.
Patties Foods chairman Mark Smith said "Steven has a strong track record in transforming companies in the baking, dairy and frozen food industries through operational improvement, brand innovation-led growth and a customer driven culture."
The Board of Patties Foods Ltd is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr Steven Chaur as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, commencing on 15 April 2014.
Mr Chaur comes to Patties Foods with a 20 year career in senior leadership roles and extensive experience in FMCG companies across strategy, sales, marketing and
His previous positions include Executive General Manager of Tip Top Bakeries (Southern), General Manager of Findus Australasia, and General Manager of National Foods Tasmania. Most recently, Mr Chaur was Managing Director Pacific of Saint-Gobain, one of the world's Top 100 publicly listed industrial groups. Saint-Gobain are engaged in the manufacturing, marketing and distributing innovative products for the construction, packaging, industrial and retail markets.
Mr Chaur is 46 years old, has an MBA and a Graduate Diploma in Marketing from Monash University, is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management and a Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Patties Foods Chairman, Mr Mark Smith, said "The Board is delighted to have an executive of Steven's calibre to lead the company. His appointment is the result of an extensive
"Steven has a strong track record in transforming companies in the Baking, Dairy and Frozen Food industries through operational improvement, brand innovation-led growth and a customer driven culture," Mr Smith said.
Mr Smith thanked acting joint CEOs, Mr Michael Knaap and Mr Tim Peters, for their strong and professional contribution in managing the business over the past 7 months, which is sincerely appreciated by the Board.
"Michael and Tim will continue in their respective roles as Chief Financial Officer / Company Secretary, and Head of Sales.
"Steven will lead an experienced Patties Leadership Team that is committed to delivering growth in shareholder returns," Mr Smith said.
Original source: Patties Foods
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- Greencore convenience focus delivers growth
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details