USA: Peabodys Coffee Announces That Beantrees Merger Will Not Be Completed
ROCKLIN, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Peabodys Coffee Inc. (OTCBB:PBDY - news) announced today that the merger with Beantrees Inc. will not be completed. Peabodys is reserving all legal rights with respect to the matter. Cliff Young, President and CEO of Peabodys Coffee, commented, ``Although this merger will not be completed, our core business remains strong and we are committed to the organic coffee market.'' The Company reports that its core business continues to show strong growth. Sales for the month of October 2001 showed a 31 percent increase to $321,000, as compared to October 2000. For the month of November 2001, a month subject to seasonal Thanksgiving closures at university venues, sales showed a 54 percent increase to $320,000, as compared to November 2000. ``The October and November sales figures are 100% Peabodys generated,'' commented Peabodys' Chairman and CFO Todd Tkachuk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review