USA: Peabodys Coffee Announces That Beantrees Merger Will Not Be Completed
ROCKLIN, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Peabodys Coffee Inc. (OTCBB:PBDY - news) announced today that the merger with Beantrees Inc. will not be completed. Peabodys is reserving all legal rights with respect to the matter. Cliff Young, President and CEO of Peabodys Coffee, commented, ``Although this merger will not be completed, our core business remains strong and we are committed to the organic coffee market.'' The Company reports that its core business continues to show strong growth. Sales for the month of October 2001 showed a 31 percent increase to $321,000, as compared to October 2000. For the month of November 2001, a month subject to seasonal Thanksgiving closures at university venues, sales showed a 54 percent increase to $320,000, as compared to November 2000. ``The October and November sales figures are 100% Peabodys generated,'' commented Peabodys' Chairman and CFO Todd Tkachuk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs