USA: Peabodys director resigns amid claims of improper financial transactions
Clifford Brent Young, director of Rocklin, California-based Peabodys Coffee, has resigned from his position citing improper financial transactions. The news follows the company's announcement on 25 April that Young would step down as an officer. Young's resignation letter, which is set forth in a Form 8-K filed yesterday [Tuesday], claims that he had resigned due to financial transactions he believed were improper. He did not identify these transactions, but the company responded by saying that this purported reason is pretextual.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat