USA: Peapod acquires Streamline.com, Inc.'s operations in two key markets
Peapod, Inc. (NASDAQ: PPOD) today announced that it has acquired Streamline.com, Inc.'s (NASDAQ:SLNE) operations in Chicago and Washington, D.C., and that it will exit from the Texas and Ohio markets. These actions are part of Peapod's overall strategic plan for growth and future profitability, including its plans to use a centralized distribution model in every market in which it offers online shopping and delivery service.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant