USA: Peapod - no more freebies - COMMENT (Members)
Peapod will eliminate free delivery in Boston and Chicago. Cutting out its free delivery runs will help Peapod in its continuing push to profitability. However unpopular, the decision makes good economic sense. Although parent Royal Ahold continues to inject Peapod with additional funding, the pressure is on for Peapod to prove its business model can be a moneymaker.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"