USA: Peapod positioned for success in 2001 record fourth quarter sales reported
Peapod, Inc. (NASDAQ: PPOD) yesterday announced financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2000. Record fourth quarter sales increased 11% to $23.7 million compared with $21.4 million for the same quarter in 1999. This sales growth is particularly significant because Peapod closed four markets in mid-September 2000 (Austin, Houston and Dallas, Texas and Columbus, Ohio). Excluding these closed markets, sales were up 45% for the quarter versus the same period a year ago, representing significant demand for Peapod's services and faster growth then expected in new markets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival