USA: Peet's Coffee & Tea, Inc. reports strong third quarter year 2001 results
Peet's Coffee & Tea, Inc. (Nasdaq:PEET) yesterday announced third quarter results for the 13-week period ended September 30, 2001. Net sales increased 10.7 percent to $22.7 million for the 13 weeks ended September 30, 2001, compared to $20.5 million for the 13 weeks ended October 1, 2000. For the same period, specialty sales (office, wholesale and grocery) increased 32 percent to $1.9 million, mail order/online increased 5.7 percent to $2.6 million and retail stores increased 9.6 percent to $18.3 million. The combined revenue in specialty sales and mail order/online for the third quarter represented approximately 20 percent of total revenue, compared to 19 percent for the comparable period in fiscal year 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast