USA: Peet's Coffee & Tea reports 8.4% in Q1 net revenue
Berkeley, California-based Peet's Coffee & Tea has posted an 8.4% increase in net revenue to US$24.5m year on year for its first quarter ended 31 March 2002.
For the same period, specialty sales (consumer direct, office, wholesale and grocery) increased 20.9% to US$5.4m and retail stores increased 5.3% to US$19.1m. Revenue in specialty sales for the Q1 represented 21.9% of total revenue, compared to 19.7% for the same period in fiscal year 2001.
Net income was US$0.5m, compared to a net loss of US$0.3m, for the Q1 2001. EBITDA for the quarter grew 105% to US$1.9m from US$0.9m in the prior period.
Christopher P. Mottern, president and CEO, commented: "Peet's has delivered strong results in the Q1 compared to the prior year. We are pleased with our continued growth in the specialty sales channel."
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat