USA: Penford, Cargill plan industrial starch venture
Penford and Cargill intend to form a joint venture combining their industrial starch businesses in North America. The companies are planning to create an enhanced specialty-starch ingredient manufacturing and distribution business, with estimated annual sales of about US$200mn. The companies have not disclosed financial terms and any final agreement is subject to various approvals.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail