USA: Penford Corp posts Q2 hit by US$1.4m restructuring charge
The Penford Corporation reported a net income of US$0.1m, US$0.02/share, for its Q2 ended 28 February, versus a net loss of US$0.8m, US$0.11/share, in the previous year. This year's Q2 results include a pretax restructuring charge of US$1.4m, said the company, which decreased earnings by US$0.12 per share. This charge relates primarily to employee termination costs and costs associated with the closure of the Bellevue office as Penford relocates its corporate headquarters to Denver, in accordance with the strategic restructuring announced on 4 January 2002. The company also expects to incur incremental operating expenses as it opens the Denver office and hires new employees.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review