USA: Penn Traffic announces third quarter same store sales
The Penn Traffic Company (Nasdaq:PNFT) announced yesterday that same store sales for the third quarter ended October 28, 2000 decreased 0.1% from the comparable prior year period. (1) "We are pleased with our sales performance in the third quarter considering the slowdown in consumer spending that we believe has occurred in our markets," said Joseph V. Fisher, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Penn Traffic Company. The Company expects to report its third quarter financial results on December 6, 2000. The Company does not undertake to update forward-looking statements in this news release to reflect actual results, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting such forward-looking information. Assumptions and other information that could cause actual results to differ from those set forth in the forward-looking information can be found in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Company's Form 10-Q. The Penn Traffic Company operates 220 supermarkets in Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, upstate New York, Vermont and New Hampshire under the "Big Bear," "Big Bear Plus," "Bi-Lo," "P&C" and "Quality" trade names. Penn Traffic also operates wholesale food distribution businesses serving 83 licensed franchises and 78 independent operators.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report