USA: Penn Traffic files for bankruptcy
US regional grocer Penn Traffic has said it has filed for voluntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection for the second time in four years. The Syracuse, New York-based grocery retailer, which operates more than 200 stores in six states, said it had secured a commitment of US$270m in debtor-in-possession financing from Fleet Capital Corp and a syndicate of other lenders, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti