USA: Penn Traffic files for bankruptcy
US regional grocer Penn Traffic has said it has filed for voluntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection for the second time in four years. The Syracuse, New York-based grocery retailer, which operates more than 200 stores in six states, said it had secured a commitment of US$270m in debtor-in-possession financing from Fleet Capital Corp and a syndicate of other lenders, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast