USA: Pennsylvania firm recalls chicken products because of misbranding
Hanover Foods Corp, a Centre Hall, Pa., establishment, is voluntarily recalling about 132,000 pounds of frozen chicken pie products because of misbranding, the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today. The products are considered misbranded because they contain only 10.5% chicken, rather than the 14% required by FSIS' standard of identity for chicken pie. The problem was discovered by an FSIS inspector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund