USA: Pennsylvania firm recalls chicken products because of misbranding
Hanover Foods Corp, a Centre Hall, Pa., establishment, is voluntarily recalling about 132,000 pounds of frozen chicken pie products because of misbranding, the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today. The products are considered misbranded because they contain only 10.5% chicken, rather than the 14% required by FSIS' standard of identity for chicken pie. The problem was discovered by an FSIS inspector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw