USA: Pennsylvania firm recalls chicken products because of misbranding
Hanover Foods Corp, a Centre Hall, Pa., establishment, is voluntarily recalling about 132,000 pounds of frozen chicken pie products because of misbranding, the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today. The products are considered misbranded because they contain only 10.5% chicken, rather than the 14% required by FSIS' standard of identity for chicken pie. The problem was discovered by an FSIS inspector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant