USA: People drinking chocolate thousand years earlier than previously thought
Mayans were drinking some type of chocolate as early as 600 BC, according to a new study conducted by researchers at the University of Texas and major US confectioner Hershey Foods. The study pushes back the time that people have used drinking chocolate by about 1,000 years; as scientists previously estimated the date at between 460 AD and 480 AD.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund