CHINA: People's Food reports 25% rise in Q1 net profit
Chinese meat producer People's Food Holdings has reported a 25% rise in first-quarter net profit and has reiterated its forecast that second-quarter results would be hit by the SARS outbreak in China. The company reported net profit of 220.4m yuan (US$26.6m) for the quarter, compared to 176.3m yuan in the year-ago period. First-quarter revenue was up 29% to 1.4bn yuan on high demand for fresh pork.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations