CHINA: People's Food reports 25% rise in Q1 net profit
Chinese meat producer People's Food Holdings has reported a 25% rise in first-quarter net profit and has reiterated its forecast that second-quarter results would be hit by the SARS outbreak in China. The company reported net profit of 220.4m yuan (US$26.6m) for the quarter, compared to 176.3m yuan in the year-ago period. First-quarter revenue was up 29% to 1.4bn yuan on high demand for fresh pork.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti