CHINA: People's Food reports 25% rise in Q1 net profit
Chinese meat producer People's Food Holdings has reported a 25% rise in first-quarter net profit and has reiterated its forecast that second-quarter results would be hit by the SARS outbreak in China. The company reported net profit of 220.4m yuan (US$26.6m) for the quarter, compared to 176.3m yuan in the year-ago period. First-quarter revenue was up 29% to 1.4bn yuan on high demand for fresh pork.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units