US: Pepperidge chief Callaghan to leave Campbell
Campbell Soup Co has announced that Pat Callaghan, president of its Pepperidge Farm unit, will retire at the end of July.
After more than 30 years at the company, Callaghan will remain working at Campbell as a special advisor to the CEO until the beginning of November.
"Under Pat's leadership, Pepperidge Farm has developed a culture of consumer-focused innovation, strengthened its brands and delivered consistently strong business results with seven consecutive years of top-line, bottom-line and market share growth," chief executive Denise Morrison commented. "As we work to accelerate Campbell's rate of innovation, Pepperidge Farm can serve as a model."
Callaghan will be replaced by Irene Britt, Campbell's current chief strategy officer. Britt will take responsibility for Pepperidge Farm as well as developing Campbell's global baking and snacking strategy.
Commenting on the appointment, Morrison said: "Irene has consistently grown businesses through a focus on brand building and innovation. She has played a crucial role in defining Campbell's new growth strategies and has been a valued partner to me as we charted a new course for our company."
Britt became SVP and chief strategy officer in 2010 and previously she had served as president-North America foodservice, and VP and general manager of sauces and beverages.
Before joining Campbell in 2005, Britt spent eight years with Kraft Foods.
French co-operative Euralis has named former Kraft Foods executive Alian Tapie to head its food division....
Late on Friday, India's government stunned the country with a wave of reforms, including the return of plans to ease restrictions on foreign investment into the retail sector. Further east, Japanese c...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review