US: Pepperidge launches veggie Goldfish crackers
Pepperidge Farms is expanding its line of Goldfish crackers with the launch of its Goldfish Garden Cheddar variety.
The Campbell Soup Co. arm said that the new product was designed to help parents get their children to eat more vegetables, with each portion of crackers containing one third of a serving of vegetables.
Goldfish Garden Cheddar snacks are made without artificial preservatives and are free from transfats.
"We're thrilled to offer new Goldfish Garden Cheddar crackers in an effort to help moms provide wholesome, tasty snacks their kids will love with the addition of vegetables as an unexpected bonus," said Michael Simon, SVP/general manager of snacks at Pepperidge Farm.
"Goldfish Garden Cheddar crackers are a great-tasting snack option that moms can feel good about giving to their families, especially during the back-to-school season."
With much of the eastern parts of the US hit by the coldest weather for years in recent weeks, soup makers would appear well-placed to prosper....
Diamond Foods, the US nut maker, looks set to take a bigger bite out of the snacks market on both sides of the pond after striking a deal to buy crisp firm Kettle Foods. Upmarket snacks is a buoyant c...
CAGNY, one of the key dates in the US food industry calendar, dominated the headlines this week. Food giants from Unilever and PepsiCo to Campbell Soup Co. and General Mills detailed their 2010 plans ...
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- US targets increased organic production