USA: Pepsi CEO Enrico foregoes wages for a sparkling bonus
Roger Enrico, the 56-year-old chairman and CEO accredited with revitalising snack and beverage PepsiCo Inc , received a base salary of US$1 last year. His bonus meanwhile increased by 74% on that of 1999, to reach US$4m. Details of the bonus were revealed through a proxy statement filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), which explained that the amount was based on "earnings per share growth and net sales results, the strength of PepsiCo's strategic position, and total return to shareholders as compared to survey companies."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre