USA: Pepsi says Q3 profits robust, but sluggish Frito-Lay performance casts doubts
US soft drinks group PepsiCo said profits rose in the third quarter, but concerns have been voiced about the performance of the Frito-Lay snack food division. Pepsi reported profit of US$996m for the quarter ended 7 September, compared with $890m in the year-ago period. Sales rose 4% to $6.38bn. The results met the high end of analysts' expectations as polled by Thomson First Call.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO