ARGENTINA: PepsiCo acquires biscuit firm Dilexis
PepsiCo today (14 September) announced the acquisition of Argentine cookie and cracker producer Dilexis.
The company says the transaction represents a "major step" for the business in the country, as it enters the growing category of macrosnacks, where Argentina has the highest per-capita consumption in South America.
"The addition of Dilexis, taking into account the recent development of Twistos crackers platform and Quaker cookies, positions PepsiCo as a significant player in this category," said Pablo Montivero Araya, general manager of PepsiCo South Cone Foods.
PepsiCo remained under scrutiny last week despite the announcement of plans it believes will "strengthen" the company and improve returns for investors, while the future ownership of global snacks bra...
US food giant PepsiCo has moved cereal brand Quaker into the cookie category in its domestic market....
Almarai has said it is in talks with PepsiCo to increase its stake in the joint venture it formed with the US snacks and drinks firm in 2009....
CAGNY, the annual industry investment conference in the US, was once again full of debate on the challenges and opportunities that the global food sector is confronting and exploiting....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016