ARGENTINA: PepsiCo acquires biscuit firm Dilexis
PepsiCo today (14 September) announced the acquisition of Argentine cookie and cracker producer Dilexis.
The company says the transaction represents a "major step" for the business in the country, as it enters the growing category of macrosnacks, where Argentina has the highest per-capita consumption in South America.
"The addition of Dilexis, taking into account the recent development of Twistos crackers platform and Quaker cookies, positions PepsiCo as a significant player in this category," said Pablo Montivero Araya, general manager of PepsiCo South Cone Foods.
PepsiCo remained under scrutiny last week despite the announcement of plans it believes will "strengthen" the company and improve returns for investors, while the future ownership of global snacks bra...
US food giant PepsiCo has moved cereal brand Quaker into the cookie category in its domestic market....
Almarai has said it is in talks with PepsiCo to increase its stake in the joint venture it formed with the US snacks and drinks firm in 2009....
CAGNY, the annual industry investment conference in the US, was once again full of debate on the challenges and opportunities that the global food sector is confronting and exploiting....
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Cadbury to cut Australian jobs
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall