ARGENTINA: PepsiCo acquires biscuit firm Dilexis
PepsiCo today (14 September) announced the acquisition of Argentine cookie and cracker producer Dilexis.
The company says the transaction represents a "major step" for the business in the country, as it enters the growing category of macrosnacks, where Argentina has the highest per-capita consumption in South America.
"The addition of Dilexis, taking into account the recent development of Twistos crackers platform and Quaker cookies, positions PepsiCo as a significant player in this category," said Pablo Montivero Araya, general manager of PepsiCo South Cone Foods.
PepsiCo remained under scrutiny last week despite the announcement of plans it believes will "strengthen" the company and improve returns for investors, while the future ownership of global snacks bra...
US food giant PepsiCo has moved cereal brand Quaker into the cookie category in its domestic market....
Almarai has said it is in talks with PepsiCo to increase its stake in the joint venture it formed with the US snacks and drinks firm in 2009....
CAGNY, the annual industry investment conference in the US, was once again full of debate on the challenges and opportunities that the global food sector is confronting and exploiting....
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report