ARGENTINA: PepsiCo acquires biscuit firm Dilexis
PepsiCo today (14 September) announced the acquisition of Argentine cookie and cracker producer Dilexis.
The company says the transaction represents a "major step" for the business in the country, as it enters the growing category of macrosnacks, where Argentina has the highest per-capita consumption in South America.
"The addition of Dilexis, taking into account the recent development of Twistos crackers platform and Quaker cookies, positions PepsiCo as a significant player in this category," said Pablo Montivero Araya, general manager of PepsiCo South Cone Foods.
PepsiCo remained under scrutiny last week despite the announcement of plans it believes will "strengthen" the company and improve returns for investors, while the future ownership of global snacks bra...
US food giant PepsiCo has moved cereal brand Quaker into the cookie category in its domestic market....
Almarai has said it is in talks with PepsiCo to increase its stake in the joint venture it formed with the US snacks and drinks firm in 2009....
CAGNY, the annual industry investment conference in the US, was once again full of debate on the challenges and opportunities that the global food sector is confronting and exploiting....
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Sustainability Watch: WhiteWave Foods
- DATA: The just-food international basket - Q2 2014
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- Sales, operating profit up at Quorn Foods
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious