USA: PepsiCo and Quaker complete their merger, forming fifth-largest food and beverage company
PepsiCo said yesterday it has completed its merger with The Quaker Oats Company, creating a $25 billion food and beverage company sharply focused on the rapidly growing consumer demand for convenience. "This is an historic day for PepsiCo," said Steve Reinemund, PepsiCo chairman and chief executive officer. "Since this merger was announced in December, we've been making plans to build a truly outstanding company that's perfectly positioned to build on the many opportunities we see for convenient foods and beverages.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO