USA: PepsiCo and Quaker complete their merger, forming fifth-largest food and beverage company
PepsiCo said yesterday it has completed its merger with The Quaker Oats Company, creating a $25 billion food and beverage company sharply focused on the rapidly growing consumer demand for convenience. "This is an historic day for PepsiCo," said Steve Reinemund, PepsiCo chairman and chief executive officer. "Since this merger was announced in December, we've been making plans to build a truly outstanding company that's perfectly positioned to build on the many opportunities we see for convenient foods and beverages.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund