USA: PepsiCo announces deals to expand snack presence in the Middle East with majority-owned joint venture in Egypt and acquisition in Saudi Arabia
PepsiCo, Inc. yesterday announced two strategic transactions designed to expand the company's snack food business in Egypt and Saudi Arabia. A new joint venture will be formed in Egypt combining the salty snack operations of Chipsy, the current market leader, with Tasty Foods, the country's second-largest salty snack maker, which is owned by PepsiCo.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action