US/BRAZIL: PepsiCo buys Brazilian snack firm Lucky
PepsiCo has snapped up Brazilian snack firm Comercio de Doces Lucky for an undisclosed sum.
The US food and beverage giant said today (2 October) that Lucky would be a "great complement" to its business.
"Overnight this will give us lots of expertise, added manufacturing capacity and a broader selection of snacks to offer Brazilian consumers," said PepsiCo International CEO Michael White.
Lucky's brands include Torcida and Fofura and the acquisition includes the product portfolio and two manufacturing plants near Sao Paulo.
The rise of biofuels - and their impact on the food industry - has provoked fierce debate in scientific and campaigning circles for months. Governments on both sides of the Atlantic, however, have pus...
Russian food and beverage group Lebedyansky is set to be split in two following PepsiCo's US$1.4bn takeover of its juice business....
Investment firms and banks gained ground in the number of mergers and acquisitions in the US food industry last year, a study has shown....
Snack brand Doritos is set to be advertised in space, as part of the latest marketing campaign for the PepsiCo product....
PepsiCo's Quaker Oats unit has had to recall some Aunt Jemima pancake and waffle mix products due to potential salmonella contamination....
PepsiCo India has signalled its belief in the potential of the country's snacks market with plans to double the amount of potatoes it buys in West Bengal within the next two years....
This week, we have also seen UK retailer M&S play down reports of tension with its suppliers, Unilever announced the takeover of Russia's largest ice cream firm, and Japan Tobacco and Nissin Food scra...
International snack sales was the key driver for rising annual profits at US-based food and beverage giant PepsiCo....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016