US/BRAZIL: PepsiCo buys Brazilian snack firm Lucky
PepsiCo has snapped up Brazilian snack firm Comercio de Doces Lucky for an undisclosed sum.
The US food and beverage giant said today (2 October) that Lucky would be a "great complement" to its business.
"Overnight this will give us lots of expertise, added manufacturing capacity and a broader selection of snacks to offer Brazilian consumers," said PepsiCo International CEO Michael White.
Lucky's brands include Torcida and Fofura and the acquisition includes the product portfolio and two manufacturing plants near Sao Paulo.
The rise of biofuels - and their impact on the food industry - has provoked fierce debate in scientific and campaigning circles for months. Governments on both sides of the Atlantic, however, have pus...
Russian food and beverage group Lebedyansky is set to be split in two following PepsiCo's US$1.4bn takeover of its juice business....
Investment firms and banks gained ground in the number of mergers and acquisitions in the US food industry last year, a study has shown....
Snack brand Doritos is set to be advertised in space, as part of the latest marketing campaign for the PepsiCo product....
PepsiCo's Quaker Oats unit has had to recall some Aunt Jemima pancake and waffle mix products due to potential salmonella contamination....
PepsiCo India has signalled its belief in the potential of the country's snacks market with plans to double the amount of potatoes it buys in West Bengal within the next two years....
This week, we have also seen UK retailer M&S play down reports of tension with its suppliers, Unilever announced the takeover of Russia's largest ice cream firm, and Japan Tobacco and Nissin Food scra...
International snack sales was the key driver for rising annual profits at US-based food and beverage giant PepsiCo....
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report