US: PepsiCo completes Wimm-Bill-Dann purchase
PepsiCo has completed the acquisition of a 66% stake in Wimm-Bill-Dann
The snacks and soft drinks giant announced in December that it had struck a deal to buy a stake in the Russian firm for US$3.8bn. PepsiCo said the deal would make it the "largest food-and-beverage business" in the country.
The acquisition has increased PepsiCo's total ownership of Wimm-Bill-Dann to around 77%. The firm has accumulated the additional 11% share since 2 December.
PepsiCo said it will make an offer on or before 11 March to acquire the remaining Wimm-Bill-Dann shares, at $132 per share, which is the highest price PepsiCo paid to the selling shareholders.
The transfer of all shares to PepsiCo is expected to be completed over the next few days.
The firm expects that it will now generate annual global revenues of $13bn from nutritious and functional foods, from about $10bn currently.
In the third part of this month's just-food management briefing, Jonathan Thomas looks at how two multinationals - PepsiCo and Unilever - have tried to use social media to connect with consumers....
With the sun having shone over much of the UK today (25 July) - and with England winning the Test match against India at Lord's - just-food is reluctant to dampen the mood but, in recent days, there h...
After consecutive four-day weekends here in the UK, this column again arrives on a Tuesday, adding to the 'what-is-the-day-today?' feeling here at just-food Towers today....
PepsiCo UK and Ireland has appointed Sebastian Micozzi as head of marketing for Walkers Crisps....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch