PepsiCo confident over Doritos launch in India
PepsiCo adds India to markets for Doritos
PepsiCo has said it believes its international tortilla chip brand Doritos can be a success in India, where the snacks giant has just launched the snack.
The company is initially selling a nacho cheese Doritos line in five cities - Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore and Hyderabad - through modern outlets, traditional stores and online. Two SKUs are available a 40g packet at INR25 and a 150g bag at INR100.
PepsiCo said the market for tortilla chips in India was small but the company has confidence there is demand for the snacks.
"Within snacks in India, tortilla chips represent a nascent but fast growing category and the consumer response to our recent launches gives us reason to believe that there is a definite market for such products in India," the company told just-food. "Doritos is a powerful global brand in PepsiCo's portfolio and its addition to the India snacks range is part of PepsiCo India's strategy of building out strong master brands. Lay's and Kurkure are examples of two master brands today in the India snacks portfolio that straddle different formats and consumption occasions."
The Doritos to go on sale in India are made at a PepsiCo site in Saudi Arabia. Asked if local production is planned, the company said: "Right now we're focusing specifically on the successful launch of Doritos back into India. Future production will be addressed in due course."
In 2015, PepsiCo continues to outpace average packaged food growth....
Within a very restrictive trading environment, PepsiCo’s strategy is set to remain aimed at directing its resources, both physical and human, towards the production of core product lines that use loca...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Yogurt category in United Kingdom, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level....
This week, Bel struck a deal to buy a majority stake in fellow French group MOM Brands. Another French food major, Danone, faced criticism in the US over its plans for GMO ingredients. US snack maker ...
Savory Snacks in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020)....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review