ISRAEL: PepsiCo dips JV helps Strauss FY profits
Strauss had "good year across all segments", CEO Gadi Lesin said
Israel-based food and beverage maker Strauss Group today (26 March) reported a jump in annual profits.
Strauss booked a 39.1% rise in net income to NIS329m (US$94.3m) for 2013. EBIT grew 23% to NIS769m.
President and CEO Gadi Lesin said Strauss had a "good year across all segments" but pointed in particular to Brazilian coffee unit Três Corações and its US dips venture with PepsiCo, Sabra.
Dips and spreads is a fledgling business for Strauss, accounting for only 15% of its turnover. Coffee is the largest single business unit, generating just short of half Strauss's NIS8.14bn in 2013. The company's domestic food and beverage arm made another NIS3bn last year.
The company's international dips and spreads unit generated sales of NIS600m, up 14.9% on 2012. Strauss has two divisions within the dips and spreads business. Sabra, its US unit, saw sales grow 12.3% to NIS565m. Obela, its dips and spreads venture with PepsiCo outside the US, is a newer business and saw sales jump 82.6% to NIS34m. The Obela unit does business in Mexico and Australia.
Group turnover slid 0.5% on 2012 on the back of currency fluctuations. On an organic basis, excluding foreign exchange, sales were up 4.8%.
Click here for the full statement from Strauss Group.
For an interview with Strauss CFO Sahar Florence, conducted last week in London, click here.
Strauss Group is active in a wide variety of packaged food categories in Israel and the company also operates at global level through its cooperation with local brands in various countries. The compan...
In 2013, although heavily dependent on snacks, PepsiCo posted strong financials, and again increased its returns to investors. Recent acquisitions/joint ventures, such as Tingyi, Müller Quaker Dairy a...
Within a very restrictive business environment, PepsiCo’s strategy is aimed at directing resources – both physical and human – towards core production lines which use local components (for example ext...
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global food industry. Detailed company profil...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019