ISRAEL: PepsiCo dips JV helps Strauss FY profits
Strauss had "good year across all segments", CEO Gadi Lesin said
Israel-based food and beverage maker Strauss Group today (26 March) reported a jump in annual profits.
Strauss booked a 39.1% rise in net income to NIS329m (US$94.3m) for 2013. EBIT grew 23% to NIS769m.
President and CEO Gadi Lesin said Strauss had a "good year across all segments" but pointed in particular to Brazilian coffee unit Três Corações and its US dips venture with PepsiCo, Sabra.
Dips and spreads is a fledgling business for Strauss, accounting for only 15% of its turnover. Coffee is the largest single business unit, generating just short of half Strauss's NIS8.14bn in 2013. The company's domestic food and beverage arm made another NIS3bn last year.
The company's international dips and spreads unit generated sales of NIS600m, up 14.9% on 2012. Strauss has two divisions within the dips and spreads business. Sabra, its US unit, saw sales grow 12.3% to NIS565m. Obela, its dips and spreads venture with PepsiCo outside the US, is a newer business and saw sales jump 82.6% to NIS34m. The Obela unit does business in Mexico and Australia.
Group turnover slid 0.5% on 2012 on the back of currency fluctuations. On an organic basis, excluding foreign exchange, sales were up 4.8%.
Click here for the full statement from Strauss Group.
For an interview with Strauss CFO Sahar Florence, conducted last week in London, click here.
Business Monitor International's Egypt Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bod...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights