PepsiCo launches gluten-free Quaker Oats oatmeal
PepsiCo said requests for gluten-free oats "among top enquiries" into business
PepsiCo has launched a gluten-free version of its Quaker Oats oatmeal in the US.
The company has created two products; Quaker Quick 1-Minute Standard Oats and Quaker Instant Oatmeal. The latter will be available in two flavours - original and maple and brown sugar.
"At Quaker, we're always striving to deliver products that meet families' evolving needs. Requests for gluten free oats have been among the top inquiries from our consumers for the past several years," said Becky Frankiewicz, senior vice president of PepsiCo's Quaker Foods unit. "Our expert millers are the best and most passionate in the business, and they've taken the time and extreme care to develop great-tasting, gluten free offerings in which consumers can be confident."
PepsiCo said it had met FDA standards for gluten-free "through the development of a rigorous and breakthrough cleaning system".
Quaker Gluten Free Quick 1-Minute Oats have an RRP of US$3.99, while the Quaker Gluten Free Instant Oatmeal have an RRP of $4.19. They will be available nationally from this month.
In 2015, PepsiCo continues to outpace average packaged food growth....
Within a very restrictive trading environment, PepsiCo’s strategy is set to remain aimed at directing its resources, both physical and human, towards the production of core product lines that use loca...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Yogurt category in United Kingdom, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level....
Savory Snacks in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020)....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti