US: PepsiCo launches Quaker Popped
PepsiCo has renamed its Quaker Quakes snack line, which is now called Quaker Popped.
The company said that the product is a "wholesome" lowr-fat snack solution, containing 10-13 grams of wholegrain per serving.
The new name "better represents the attributes of the brans", Quaker said.
"We renamed our classic snack as Quaker Popped because it better represents the way the product is made, as they are literally popped to crispy perfection," Justin Lambeth, chief marketing officer of Quaker Foods North America, said.
Quaker® Popped(TM) Snacks, Popping Up This Fall
New Look for Quaker Quakes with the Same Great Taste Families Know and Love
CHICAGO, Oct. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- With fall in full swing and the holiday season fast-approaching, people are constantly looking for nourishing and delicious snacks to help fuel them through the day. Now the Quaker Oats Company, a division of PepsiCo, is proud to introduce Quaker Popped, a wholesome solution for snack-time cravings. Quaker Popped are made with the delicious goodness of whole grain brown rice and corn, with 10 to 13 grams of whole grain per serving and zero grams of trans fat. Plus, the bite-sized snacks are popped, not fried, which means lower fat compared to some fried snacks.
Those who loved Quaker Quakes should now look for Quaker Popped in the snack aisle - it's the same great taste with a new name and look to better represent the attributes of the product.
"Quaker has been providing families with wholesome breakfasts and snacks for more than a century, and as we continue to do so, we want to ensure that our products are easily recognizable for the families we serve," says Justin Lambeth, Chief Marketing Officer, Quaker Foods North America. "We renamed our classic snack as Quaker Popped because it better represents the way the product is made, as they are literally popped to crispy perfection."
To match the new name, Quaker Popped packaging features a fun, new logo and a bright color scheme to reflect the vibrant flavors inside a bag you can't wait to pop open. Quaker Popped are available in 14 different flavors - including favorites Cheddar Cheese, Caramel Corn and Apple Cinnamon - to help satisfy any craving and are a great snacking option when on-the-go. Wal-Mart shoppers should also look for new flavors Chipotle Cheddar and Sweet & Salty Mix.
Available at grocery stores nationwide, Quaker Popped are offered at a suggested retail price of $2.00 for a 3 ounce bag (3 servings). For more information on Quaker Popped, visit www.QuakerPopped.com, and for information on additional nourishment news from Quaker, follow www.Twitter.com/Quaker and like www.Facebook.com/Quaker.
Original source: PepsiCo
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- General Mills to work on artificial ingredients
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report