USA: PepsiCo looks to a crisper future
PepsiCo announced double-digit operating profit gains across all its businesses in the last quarter, the US snacks and soft drinks group said on Monday. Boosted by improved sales figures from its Frito-Lay snacks division, net income rose 15% to US$567m. Earnings per share for the quarter also increased 15%, to 38 cents, on an 8% growth in sales to US$6.1bn. PepsiCo forecast double-digit earnings growth for 2001 in line with figures released yesterday.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast