USA: PepsiCo looks to a crisper future
PepsiCo announced double-digit operating profit gains across all its businesses in the last quarter, the US snacks and soft drinks group said on Monday. Boosted by improved sales figures from its Frito-Lay snacks division, net income rose 15% to US$567m. Earnings per share for the quarter also increased 15%, to 38 cents, on an 8% growth in sales to US$6.1bn. PepsiCo forecast double-digit earnings growth for 2001 in line with figures released yesterday.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units