US: PepsiCo names Guimaraes president, global operations
US food and drink maker PepsiCo has appointed Electrolux executive Enderson Guimaraes as president of its global operations.
Guimaraes will join PepsiCo next month and replace Richard Goodman who is retiring at the end of the year after 17 years with the company. He will be responsible for functions including strategic sourcing, global operations and productivity at the Pepsi cola and Doritos chips maker.
PepsiCo president and CEO Indra Nooyi said Guimaraes was "exceptionally well-qualified" for what she described as a "critical role" at the company.
At Electrolux, Guimaraes led its appliances business in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. His career also includes 13 years at electronics giant Philips, where he rose to head of global marketing management and a stint at Danone, where he was marketing director at its Brazilian unit.
Goodman's career at PepsiCo included four years as CFO between 2006 and 2010. Nooyi described Goodman as an "enormously effective leader".
Unilever, Danone and Heinz were among the food industry heavyweights to present at the annual Consumer Analyst Group of Europe investor conference in London this week - and just-food.com provided excl...
Danone has reaffirmed that the US and Russia are the "two key geographies" for the group this year....
PepsiCo is to invest GBP9.3m (US$14.6m) in the expansion of its warehouse and distribution centre in the UK town of Peterlee....
The French dairy farmers federation has announced that it is taking Lactalis to court over "imbalances" in the milk price proposals the processing giant has put on the table....
US food giant PepsiCo has moved cereal brand Quaker into the cookie category in its domestic market....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses