RUSSIA: PepsiCo opens Lay's chips plant
PepsiCo's new plant in Azov is company's ninth in Russia
The new plant, based in Azov in Russia's Rostov region, was inaugurated on Wednesday (8 December) and is PepsiCo's ninth food and beverage site in the country.
A spokesman for PepsiCo's Russian business told just-food that the Azov site will have a capacity of 25,000 tonnes a year and manufacture products under the Lay's, Cheetos and Hrusteam brands. By 2013, capacity will rise to 50,000 tonnes when PepsiCo installs two more production lines, he said.
Last week, PepsiCo struck a deal to buy a 66% stake in Wimm-Bill-Dann, the largest dairy producer in Russia and the CIS, for US$3.8bn.
Should the transaction get regulatory approval, PepsiCo will then have to make an offer for the rest of Wimm-Bill-Dann's shares under Russian securities laws. PepsiCo stands to end up paying $5.4bn for the whole business.
After consecutive four-day weekends here in the UK, this column again arrives on a Tuesday, adding to the 'what-is-the-day-today?' feeling here at just-food Towers today....
Lactalis threw down the gauntlet - and blew away any post-Easter cobwebs on consumer goods newsdesks in Europe - in the battle for the ownership of Italian dairy group Parmalat this morning (26 April)...
Demand for healthier food is a mainstay of the industry landscape in markets like the UK but it is increasingly gaining traction in emerging markets. Euromonitor International's Mickael Dominguez anal...
Rising coffee prices have hit profits at Strauss Group, the Israel-based food and beverage maker....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review